Dental Crown – Lewisville, TX
Beautiful Protection for Damaged Teeth
While effective, metal dental crowns left much to be desired in the looks department. Fortunately, there is now an alternative that offers beautiful protection for damaged teeth: porcelain dental crowns in Lewisville, TX. With this restorative dentistry solution, Dr. Wardlaw can rebuild the look and function of your smile in as little as two appointments. Want to learn more? Then get in touch with our team or keep reading!
Why Choose Nexus Dental for Dental Crowns?
- Highly Trained and Experienced Dentist
- Dental Insurance Accepted & Additional Financing Available
- Patients of All Ages Welcome
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap-shaped structure designed to fit snugly over a tooth that needs protection. Crafted from high-quality materials like porcelain, it restores the look and function of your tooth simultaneously. Plus, since each one is custom-made, it won’t protrude or look obvious in any way. While they are incredibly versatile, they are most often used to:
- Protect a tooth that needs additional support, such as one that underwent root canal therapy
- Restore the visual portion of the missing tooth via a single dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge in place
- Correct a tooth that’s severely misshapen or discolored
The Dental Crown Process
As mentioned above, dental crowns are incredibly versatile and each one is custom-made. As a result, the process looks a little different for each patient. With that said, here’s a general overview of what you can expect:
- Your initial appointment – At your visit, our Lewisville dentist will conduct an oral exam and determine if a dental crown is the best option for you. From there, they will create a custom treatment plan, explain what to expect moving forward, and answer any questions you have.
- Treatment and preparation – If any diseased or damaged tissue needs to be removed, Dr. Wardlaw will do so before preparing your tooth for the dental crown. Once this step is complete, we will take impressions of your tooth for the lab.
- Temporary dental crown – It usually takes a few weeks for the lab artisans to craft your permanent dental crown, which is why we will provide you with a temporary one in the meantime. Since it’s not as durable, you’ll need to stick to soft foods and complete your oral hygiene routine carefully.
- Placement – Once we’ve received your permanent crown, we’ll call you back to our office to have it placed. The last step will be to share all our tips and tricks on how to care for it so it lasts as long as possible!
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns provide patients with numerous benefits! Here are a few noteworthy ones:
- Improved chewing power
- Protects your oral health from future damage
- Longevity (can last for 15+ years with proper care)
- Comes in a wide range of lifelike shades
- Custom-made to look good and feel comfortable